QA processes in software development
Quality assurance is an essential stage of software development that results in the release of a first-class product to the market.
Jira Zephyr issues
In Jira, for QA processes, you need to install an additional paid Zephyr plugin.
What's not in the Zephyr plugin:
- Importing existing test cases from Excel is not easy, and you need to use an external addition to do this
- Unable to import test results
- It is not possible to export all test cases and results in one file
- Test case format is fixed and cannot be customized. There are only 3 standard columns in test cases
- Reporting can be done for only one particular iteration cycle. A cumulative report cannot be generated for all test iteration cycles
- For integration of the automation package, you should use the Zephyr Enterprise Edition. Integration can be done with Selenium RC
Unique system WMS54 for QA engineers
WMS54 QA is a next-generation Jira Zephyr alternative for QA engineers that can improve the efficiency of QA processes and significantly increase productivity.
Based on our practical experience, in WMS54 QA we have implemented functions that are not provided in most PM systems with support for QA processes:
- Import / export of tests, loops and test cases
- Import test results
- Export all test cases to one file
- Export all cycle reports to one file
- Project binding: each project has its own QA and Sprint view
- Systematization and grouping of tests for each individual project
- Access rights system - within each project its own access level, customizable for each participant separately
- Zephyr can't handle high loads - WMS54 QA guarantees stable and reliable operation under any load
- Scaling and customization - adding custom fields, columns, etc.
Well-established and optimized QA processes give you a number of advantages:
- Reducing costs and saving working time - detection and timely elimination of defects at the early stages of development will significantly save resources, which will allow you to bring new high-quality products to the market much faster.
- Getting a high-quality and competitive product - QA guarantees full compliance with customer requirements and ensures competitiveness by checking the functionality, reliability, performance, security, and usability of the software.
- Building a positive reputation - QA maintains a high level of software development standards. Consequently, the customer receives high-quality and correctly working software, which creates trust in the development company.
- Reducing risks - a mistake made can have a different level of risk, it can lead to the most negative consequences. QA ensures that risks and unexpected consequences are minimized.